The workshop will focus on HPC techniques applied to the energy sector that have the power to improve and reform many industrial sectors. HPC can provide solutions for the energy sector, for example oil and gas giving solutions in upstream, midstream and downstream problems, improve wind energy performance, solve issues of combustion efficiency for transportation systems, making nuclear systems more efficient and safer, improving solar energy systems, optimizing wind energy systems, improving the quality and efficiency of seismic and geophysical simulations, and so on.
With the appearance in the near future of exascale systems, this open new opportunities for more complex numerical simulations of energy systems that can represent in a more realistic way the physical system.
- Oil and gas applications.
- Oil refining.
- Seismic and geophysical applications.
- Wind energy simulations.
- Nuclear energy simulations.
- Combustion efficiency for transportation systems.
- HPC and exascale applications or developments applied to the energy sector.
- Jaime Klapp (ININ, México)
- Alvaro Coutinho (COPPE/Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.)
- José María Cela (BSC, Barcelona, Spain)
- Leonardo Sigalotti (UAM-A, México)
- José Antonio González Guevara (Pemex, México)
- Estela Mayoral Villa (ININ, México)
Papers of the workshop, taking into account the dates previously established in: https://www.carla2023.org/en/call-workshop-papers
The workshop follows the Carla 2023 guidelines:
All accepted papers of this workshop will be published following the General CARLA 2023 guidelines.