Call for Workshops CARLA 2023
General Submission Guidelines
The organizers of the CARLA 2023 conference are pleased to invite members of the HPC community to submit workshop proposals. The general purpose of a CARLA workshop is to provide an opportunity to present and discuss initial research ideas or ongoing research on active and emerging topics of High Performance Computing (HPC) and related areas.
The focus of the proposed workshops must be aligned with the list of topics established in the call for papers of the main conference. Workshops will be held in conjunction with the main conference.We encourage workshop organizers to make their workshops highly interactive and include discussions, panels, and other activities to facilitate the exchange of ideas and knowledge among the participants.
- Proposal submission deadline: 30 April, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 8 May, 2023
The workshops are recommended to be half day long.
- They can be developed either in the morning or in the afternoon with a maximum duration of 3.5 hours. In exceptional cases, with a reasonable justification, workshops could be developed for more hours.
- The workshops will be held on September 19, 2023.
- All the workshops are face-to-face and take place in the same venue as the main conference. Video recording of the presentation or video conferencing is not permitted.
- If the workshop organizers have or want to have external sponsors, they must coordinate with the sponsors chairs of the main conference.
- Each workshop can only have one invited speaker. In addition, it must be indicated how the speaker will be financed.
- The proposal document should not be longer than two pages.
- Submitted papers will be peer reviewed.
- Workshop proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of the workshop to the scope of the main conference.
- Technical content of high interest in the HPC community and related areas.
- Originality and impact of the workshop topic.
- Meet the requirements described in the proposal details section.
- Papers accepted and presented in the workshop will be published in the Revista Colombiana de Computación: https://revistas.unab.edu.co/index.php/rcc
- Proposals must be sent to the email email@example.com with a copy to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions will be make via https://equinocs.springernature.com/service/CARLA2023
- The two pages of the formal workshop proposal must contain the following information:
- A title and a brief description of the topic and content of the workshop. In the description it must be clearly demonstrated that the workshop is framed within the topics of the main conference.
- Name, affiliation and email of the workshop chairs. There must be at least 3 workshop chairs.
- Name, affiliation and email of the members of the program committee. At least 5 members are required and they cannot be workshop chairs.
- A high-level description of the workshop program, including an indication of whether or not the workshop will receive submitted papers.
- An indication if it is the first time organizing a workshop at the CARLA conference or if you have already organized workshops at another conference.
- An estimate of the number of attendees to the workshop.
- A description of special requirements and technical needs.